Let's talk about honey
Honey… A precious gift of nature, which arrives in our table! Bees generously give honey to us and children and adults adore it! It is also recommended by doctors, as a natural “superfood” and is probably the only natural sweetener, which is allowed in certain amounts to a diet, when we want to lose weight!
Let’s talk about honey! Organic honey, thyme honey, pine or wild flowers honey, this delicious and healthy product has countless flavors and numerous health benefits…
It’s time to discover 10 secrets about honey …
1. It is known for its antibacterial and antioxidant action! Also, it contains amino acids, minerals, enzymes and vitamins and is an excellent source of energy.
2. It facilitates the assimilation of calcium from other foods and relieves stomach pain, sore throats and internal disturbances.
3. Its nutritional value is known from antiquity! Hippocrates recommended it as a “drug” for diseases and Aristotle believed that honey guarantees longevity.
4. It is the only food that does not expire! The archaeologists discovered honey in Egyptian tombs, which is edible even today!
5. The pine honey belongs to the category of honeys that do not crystallize, while the orange blossom honey crystallizes within about two months.
6. The crystallized honey is not spoiled! It can very easily return to its original form in a bain-marie, without losing its nutritional value.
7. Approximately 1.500 flowers should one bee visit, in order to load pollen just once!
8. Bees are the only insects in nature, that produce food consumed by humans!
9. It consists of about 80% sugar and 20% water.
10. One bee produces about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in her entire life!
By choosing honey from the Greek producers that participate in the nonprofit initiative Wise Greece, you help us provide food to children and homeless in need!
Check out the Greek honeys!