Recipe: Aromatic Orange Cookies
“Tasty aromatic cookies, crispy and fluffy, made with Wise Greece products for a good cause! Try them with a cup of hot coffee!”
180 ml. Elea Terra extra virgin olive oil
180 gr. granulated sugar
140 ml. orange juice
zest of one orange
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 Teaspoon soda
1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
550 g. soft flour
sesame for winding
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees (in the air mode).
2. In a deep bowl pour the oil, sugar and orange juice. You stir with a whisk until you have a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
3. In another bowl sift all the powders and mix them with a spoon.
4. Empty the mixture with the solids to the one with the oil, add the zest and stir for a few minutes gently until the oil is absorbed.
5. Spread a sheet of greaseproof paper in a pan for cookies. Shape the mixture into small cookies in the shape that you love and dive each one in the sesame.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Once they get a golden color they are ready.
* You can replace sugar with brown raw sugar, you will have to use 220g.
* If you prefer more intense flavor, you can add 2 teaspoons of Brandy.
* If the dough is sticky, add some more flour.
We would like to thank the food blogger Ariadne Pylarinou from Ariadne’s Wonderland for this wonderful recipe and photos.